Full marks to Heineken who has decided that there might be some scope in getting a better understanding of the older market.
The company is using its Ideas Brewery innovation platform to source insights about the lifestyle preferences of the older generation.
The Dutch brewer is crowdsourcing observations from fans on the consumption occasions of older shoppers using its innovation platform the Ideas Brewery.
A spokeswoman for Heineken, says: “We see in many parts of the world an ageing global population which is increasingly living longer. Traditionally, our focus has been on younger consumer groups – we see potential in embracing all age groups.
We are now looking for insights that can help us develop propositions that are better tailored to the specific needs of the 60+ consumer. At a later phase we will match ideas with relevant brands.”
You can read the rest of the article in Marketing or go direct to the Challenge web site.
I have to say that it is tempting to put in my own entry. Dick Stroud
About Dick Stroud
Dick Stroud is the founder of 20plus30, a consultancy specialising in marketing to older consumers. He is the UK’s leading expert in understanding the implications of physical ageing on the way older people behave and the products they buy.
Skype Name: dickstroud
Dick Stroud’s websites
- AF Audit Tool
- The 50-Plus Market
- Internet Strategies
- Apps and Tablets
- Web video for older consumers
- Kim Walker Silver Group Asia
News, views and opinions about the most powerful group of consumers - the 50-plus market.
Wednesday, February 27, 2013
Search our site
Most Recent Posts
- Top Gear puts its mind to designing an age-friendl...
- More technology than you can shake a stick at
- The cost of low vision - new report from IFA
- Going private in public - good thinking from JWT
- This looks to be a veritable treasure chest of fac...
- Carphone Warehouse to help thousands of people get...
- Excellent article in today's Sunday Times about gr...
- Kim Walker launches Marketing to the Ageing Consum...
- Why car manufacturers had better wake up - the you...
- The Demographics of Social Media Users — 2012
- 20plus30 presentations
- 50-plus agency
- Age Neutral
- Legal Services
- Market Research
- Mobile marketing
- Personal Gripes
- Physiological Ageing
- Post ads
- Social networking