Thursday, January 17, 2013

P&G is getting serious about the older consumer



At the end of last year I blogged about P&G's decision to target older consumers with the launch of a new (modified) set of products under the Crest brand. I was not that impressed with the ad and the marketing messages that it had adopted  - have another look for yourself at the ad below.

I had completely missed the company's ads targeting older women with the new Pantene products.

This video above is not the ad but a supporting video. I find it very difficult to know if the company has got it right with this positioning of the product but my hunch is that it is better than the attempt with Crest.



However, I very much doubt if P&G has considered the other 100s of touchpoints that it needs to address when targeting older consumers other than product and the ad.

It is great to see a global consumer goods company waking-up to the vast business potential of the older shopper. Dick Stroud

No comments: